Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kyle Cameron Studstill

Hey hows it going, LHS2K00??

Here's a quick story for you:

After graduation I went into military intelligence. My specialties here included intelligence/pattern analysis, winning at competitions to see who could drink the most water the fastest, and surviving surface-to-surface missilefire.

This brought me to Georgia, where I ended up pursuing my undergraduate as an advertising major at UGA. Highlights include filling tables with 15-20 $1 long islands to be downed between groups of four of us, winning graphic design competitions as a non-graphic design student, and traveling wherever to whatever stadium the Dawgs happened to be wailing on teams at the time (sorry Hawaii and the rest of the Mountain West).

After graduation I spent my time in Atlanta, where I filled the shoes of an advertising account planner (consumer research), interviewing millennial-aged youth from countries around the world (mostly just asking them if they liked Vitamin Water or not). I also worked in a rich media interactive agency but my work there only had a success rate of significantly less than 1% so I try not to think about it.

I currently spend my time in New York City as an innovation and insights analyst at PSFK.com. This mostly involves collecting and thinking about stellar new innovative things people are doing around the world, and pulling trends out of ideas that occur frequently. I think this makes me a 'strategist' or whatever people are calling it these days, but I'm mostly in it for the twitter followers and the free drinks at conferences.

You guys can find me at http://psfk.com along with a ton of other stellar things happening in the world, or athttp://howtobreakanything.com for my thoughts and observations on things that mostly only people in marketing/psychology/cognitive science care about. I'd love to see you at http://twitter.com/kylecameron as well.

Oh also I collect a bunch of things that people say they miss or find nostalgic at http://projectnostalgia.com, but a few days ago someone started jamming it with spam so it's down for the time being. I'm told that (when it's running) it's quite theraputic to dive into everyone's long lost memories.

Rock on, LHS-
//kcs




--
Thoughts, insights, and observations: howtobreakanything.com
Daily fresh ideas: www.psfk.com
Inspiration Events: www.goodideassalon.com
Experts on any subject any time any where: www.purplelist.com
Innovation jobs: jobs.psfk.com

1 comment: