Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dave and Becky (Bitner) Nalder Update

David Nalder and I were married on June 28, 2005 and just celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  Since we are both LHS grads, I will give a quick update on us both.  I went up to Utah State and received my bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing in 2006.  Right after graduation I got a job with Geocycle a company that provides alternative fuels and raw materials to our parent company (Holcim) cement kiln.  I have been with Geocycle/Holcim for 3 years originally in a marketing, advocacy function and now in the government affairs department with Holcim (Cement Manufacturer) with a focus on Corporate Social Responsibility.  Mostly it's the perfect combination of environmental stewardship and community advocacy with a splash of government relations.  I really love my work and love that I'm making a difference.

Dave served a mission in Geneva, Switzerland French speaking, we always say he won the mission lottery, going to Switzerland.  After his mission he went to Utah State for a while but ended up transferring to Weber State and graduated with a Bachelors in Advanced Vehicle Systems and is currently living and working in Palo Alto, CA for 12 weeks doing an internship with Tesla Motors.  He is designing and developing the training and service guides for the Tesla Roadster.  If you remember anything about Dave it's that he lives and breathes anything and everything related to cars, so this
job is the perfect fit!  Aside from staying busy with work we bought a house in Ogden 2 years ago and surprisingly love the east bench of Ogden, we hike, mountain bike, road bike, motorcycle, snowboard, wakeboard and basically just love our life there.  Aside from enjoying Ogden, we travel as much as possible.  Since we don't have any kids yet, we have traveled extensively throughout Europe and Canada, figuring that we should do it while we can and we have loved every minute of it.

I've got to say that after ten years, I'm thrilled with where we are in life.  We are happy to have each other and are always looking forward to our next adventure.  Hopefully we'll see everyone at the picnic on Saturday since we won't be back from California until late Friday night.

I don't have any more recent pictures on this computer, so alas, 2007 Eurotrip - Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment