Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jodi Green Kaufman

 
So I guess I have procrastinated long enough. I just can't believe it is time for our 10 year reunion. Time really has flown by for me. After graduation I attended the University of Utah (Go Utes!). I earned a bachelor degree in exercise sport science and a minor in Spanish. I studied abroad in Valparaiso Chile, which was an eye opening experience. The last semester of my senior year I realized I did not want to be a physical therapist after all, I wanted to teach. I ended up volunteering at an after school program for refugee kids and fell in love. It took another two years to convince myself to go back to school for an education degree. In the meantime I worked as a makeup artist and an apartment manager.  I did get my master's in secondary education. I have been teaching junior high for 3 years (on my fourth) at TH Bell Junior High in Washington Terrace, a low income school. I love my students and my school very much. Next year I will be teaching PE and science. I have also taught nutrition, CTE, and arts and crafts. I think my school is afraid I'll get bored because I haven't taught the same series of classes more than one year!

I have been married for 3 years and we are proud parents of a 3 year old boxer (yes that's a dog). My husband and I dated for 10 years before we finally tied the knot. If you do the math he is my high school sweetheart (although he was in college). Justin is a police officer for Ogden City and is currently part of the crime reduction unit. We have a house in North Ogden, and I have to admit I miss Layton.

My husband and I love everything outdoors, especially fly fishing. We try to go somewhere new every year. Although last year my clumsiness prevented me from going anywhere. I spent the summer in a boot, and then fall, and then... well never mind that! We also love anywhere near the ocean and make sure we visit a shoreline every year. We love snorkeling and are anxious to get dive certified so we can go on some dive trips.

Well, I guess that's about everything. I will not be attending the dinner but plan on coming to the park Saturday. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment