Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Melanie Johnson O'Brien


Wow its been ten years, man I sure feel old
Well let me tell you what I have been up too these past ten years.
Right after graduation I went to snow college and was having a lot of fun to the point where I only stayed there for one semester but I sure did learn a lot especially from my 5 room-mates. After that I went back home to figure out my next step in life and started working at the davis hospital in the registration area which was a very interesting job to say the least. As I was working there I took some classes from weber state university in the layton davis campus this was right around the time of 9/11/2001. After working for the hospital I wanted something a bit more fun and relaxing at the same time so I got a job at the movie theatre in layton and loved every minute there. In december of 2002 to may 2004 I began a new journey serving an LDS mission to Des Moines, Iowa, I loved that time serving in farm country and very small towns. The neat thing about serving there was a few of our fellow graduates where also serving in that same state with me one of them being Carolynn Baird she was my last companion during my service.
After my mission I got a job working in the shoe department at Mervyn's in the layton hills mall and that lasted about 3 months and then I went to target to work as a cashier. In september 2004 I started school at Eagle Gate College in Layton and earned my associates degree in business management. While going to school I ended up working at the Salt Lake LDS temple in the laundry department which was a blessing.
I met my husband Jonathan Jay O'Brien  on the ldssingles.com website and believe the website thing does work. We met in november 2005, got engaged march 2006 and got married august 22,2006 in the salt lake temple. Since he was still attending the University of Utah completing his bachelor degree in speech communication we ended up living in west valley at that time until may 2007 when he graduated and after that we moved to his home state of Vermont. We live in a very small town and just are enjoying life, no kids yet but that will be in heavenly father's time, I work at a medical center as a chart room runner which in general means that I take medical office charts on patients to the doctor's office. Well I unfortunately won't be at the reunion for our 10 years to see you all, but hopefully we can be there at the next. please feel free to email me at melanieobrien2006@yahoo.com I would love to hear from you.
Melanie J. O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment