Saturday, May 22, 2010

Julie Ann Cordero Grosshans

 
Hi fellow Lancers! I've been meaning to submit something on here for some time, but just haven't had the opportunity to do it.
 
After our graduation I headed to Utah State University where I was very active with the school newspaper as the sports editor. Really, does that surprise anyone? After completing internships with the WNBA Utah Starzz and in Reading, Pa. at the Reading Eagle I graduated with a major in journalism and a minor in history after the fall 2003 semester. I didn't try too hard to get a job afterward because I just had a feeling I was meant to do something else. I ended up going back to USU and I completed a social studies composite, bumped my history minor up to a major and earned my teaching degree. I student taught in St. George at Fossil Ridge Intermediate (6th graders!) and graduated again after the fall 2006 semester.
 
While working on all of that school I met my husband, David. It was a match made in heavan! He is a sports journalist who is originally from San Diego and his dad and my mom actually went to the same high school, although they didn't know each other. We were married in July 2004 in San Diego and then went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.
 
I have spent the last few years teaching Utah Studies and most recently 8th grade U.S. History. I really love it! I am also working on my masters in education through the Washington County School District and SUU. I had my first son, David Jr., in July 2007 and we are expecting a little girl, Emmalina Jane, any day now. I'm so excited!!!
 
I hope I can make it up to the reunion in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment