Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kirsten (Johnson) McDougal


I have loved to see other classmates posts on this blog and thought I would add what I have been up to the last 10 years of my life since I will not be able to attend this years reunion.

After high school I spent the next 2 years at Weber State University studying generals and received my Associates in Social Science (like I can do anything with that degree)  On November 8, 2002 I married my best friend Kevin McDougal.  We decided that I should work full time as he finished up his degree at Weber State University.  In January 2004 we moved for my husband to start his doctorate at Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis Missouri.  It was such a beautiful place and so many fun memories we had while we were there.  In the spring of 2004 and the spring of 2007 we had 2 beautiful baby girls which are the joy of my life.  In the fall of 2007 my husband graduated with his Doctorate in Chiropractic and we were ready to start the next chapter of our life.

Funny thing about finishing up school, I thought that once your finished with school that's when things get easier but it's just a difficult in different ways.  We have moved a lot since he has finished up school mostly for post graduate experience and luckily we have been able to adapt to change.  When the birds would fly north, we moved north (a few thousand miles) and when the birds would fly south, we moved south.

We are happy to be settled for at least a short time right now in Central Texas where we are working on some major goals in life.  My husband has a great job as a clinic director in a multidisciplinary rehab clinic, I am working at sprint for the time being while going back to school to finish up my degree as an RN, and I am still a full time mom trying to balance everything out in life.

Looking back these last 10 years I had many goals that I had hoped to accomplish but I'm so glad that Heavenly Father has helped me realize what is most important in life.  I would have to say that I like where I'm at 10 years later.  I have a beautiful family, I live in a great little town, I'm finishing up my goal of graduating from college and I am happier then ever before.

I do have my own scrapbook blog that I try to update.  If you are interested check it out.
http://mcdougalscrapbook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I felt good, it seems good to read about good people and old memories which we cherish

    ReplyDelete