Monday, June 14, 2010

Nicole May Riney - The "Other" Nicole May


Hey ya’ll! I just found out today when the reunion is, and since it’s over a holiday weekend, plane tickets back home would be 400 bucks a pop. “No Bueno.” So looks like you will all have to wait until 2020 to see my smiling face. But I just wanted to fill you all in on what I have doing since High School. I graduated from Harrison High, aka Weber State University, with a Bachelors degree in Communications, (Nice work if you can get it) all while doing hair on the side. (another passion of mine)

Shortly after graduation I re-met my husband, and love of my life Tony Riney, and we were married about a year and a half later. I love him and the two gorgeous children that come along with him. I can’t imagine life without them. Shortly after the rise of the recession, we were forced to weight our options, and chose the lovely charm of the south. We found ourselves arriving in Houston right after Hurricane Ike passed by leaving behind him heat, humidity, bugs and all. And let me tell you… be grateful for that “dry” heat. Although I must say, I did like being sent home from work because a few snow flakes fell one day this past winter. It rocked my face off!

I currently work at a Pension Office for City of Houston employees. I know, I know, how did I get so lucky? I must pray harder than all of you. But seriously folks, my life has been a blessing, and I am very grateful for it. We just recently moved into our first home and I can’t believe how good it feels. Life has been one adventure after another and we are stronger people for it. We miss all of you guys and reminisce about the good old days of high school every now and then. Those were the days, right?

As they say in the south, “I’m fix-in’ to get some work done now. Bye y’all! And have a Blessed day!!” (They really talk like that!) 

1 comment: